Edington Festival Award
Applications are invited from choral foundations in the UK for the first Edington Festival Award to support choristers’ vocal training, worth £3,000. The deadline for applications is July 31st 2020.
The award is open to any choral foundation in the UK which:
- Promotes the performance of cathedral-style choral repertoire
- Sings a regular pattern of at least three choral services each week and other services through the year
- Aspires to the highest standards of performance
- Provides opportunities for both boy and/or girl trebles
Applications should be for the vocal training of choristers during the academic year 2020/21. Eligible applications will be judged according to the following criteria:
- A demonstration of financial need, i.e. the grant will enable the foundation to offer vocal training where it would not otherwise be able to, or that the grant facilitates a significant expansion of a foundation’s current offer of vocal training.
- The quality of the proposed vocal training programme, including its proposed outcomes, the experience of the proposed trainer/s and number and frequency of lessons/group coaching sessions planned.
- A training programme that benefits both boy and girl choristers.
- A well-defined and realistic budget that clearly sets out the estimated costs of the training programme.
Applications must be submitted using our online application form, which can be accessed from the button at the bottom of this page. All applications will be acknowledged, so please contact us if you have submitted an application and not received a response. If you have any questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Together with your application, please provide:
- A budget for your project. This should be uploaded when you complete the application form.
- The annual accounts of the organisation making the application, together with the accounts of any choral fund and ‘Friends’ association. Copies of your accounts can be uploaded when you complete the application form.
The deadline for applications is 31 July 2020.
Applications will be considered by Cathedral Music Trust’s Grants Committee and the Edington Music Festival Association (EMFA), a decision reached in the first half of August and communicated to the successful applicant shortly thereafter, and the award announced at the end of the month.