Communications and Marketing Officer
Cathedral Music Trust is looking for a Communications and Marketing Officer, who will be responsible for communicating and marketing the Trust’s work to a broad range of audiences using a wide variety of channels. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in a small and energetic team.
Cathedral Music Trust (CMT) is a charity which supports and promotes sacred choral music. We do this by campaigning on behalf of cathedral music and musicians, giving grants to cathedral choirs and choristers in need, and encouraging the pursuit of excellence in choral and organ music. The Trust is a newly formed charity, incorporating the Friends of Cathedral Music and the Diamond Fund for Choristers. It has ambitious plans to invigorate and expand its operations as the leading source of support for cathedral music through advocacy, education and grant‐giving. It is especially committed to enabling children from a diverse range of backgrounds to experience the many benefits that come from being a chorister.
About the job
Initially a two-year contract, which may be extended if funding is available.
22.5 hours per week (0.6 FTE), working from home. Attendance at meetings and events, when these resume, will be required as appropriate.
Salary £18,000 per annum – this is pro rata the full time equivalent salary of £30,000 pa.
You will support the Development Director, to whom you will report, in developing and managing the charity’s brand, messaging and communication strategy, while maintaining the integrity of our core aims and values. Your responsibilities will include:
- Raising the charity’s profile and pursuing opportunities to maximise revenue and reach
- Promoting the charity’s commitment to diversity and inclusion within its organisation and in the world of cathedral music
- Marketing the charity through digital content, social media, printed materials and press releases, using consistent and compelling messaging
- Managing our internal communications, including newsletters to volunteers and members
- Contributing high quality, relevant and up to date content to our website and driving high quality traffic to it
- Tracking and measuring the success of our different communication channels
- Marketing events and campaigns
- Working effectively with the Development Director, Operations Director and other staff for the benefit of the charity
You have a minimum of two years’ experience in marketing and communications, including experience of engaging diverse and under-represented sections of the community. You are energetic, self-motivated and proactive, with outstanding organisational and time management skills and a strong attention to detail. You have an excellent standard of spoken and written English, with proven experience of writing and editing copy appropriately styled for different target audiences. You are a good team player who can adapt to working alongside professional colleagues and volunteers. You have advanced IT and social media skills and an enthusiasm for sacred choral music.
How to apply
You will find the full job description and person specification and our application form below. Please submit your application using the application form. CVs will not be accepted.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their background; we particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, as they are currently under‐represented in our organisation.
This position is supported by the Genesis Foundation.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 9 October. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in the week beginning 12 October, in person or by videoconference.